Monday 9 November 2015

November Reads!


I visited my Goodreads profile yesterday and saw that I still have 11 books to read this year to complete my 2015 Reading Challenge of 41 books.

Since I was busy working on my own books, I could not find time to read, especially during September and October. So I have a lot of reading to do before the year ends.

Right now, I am reading 3 books: a fiction, a non-fiction and an anthology of short stories.

The fiction I am reading is John Green's debut novel, "Looking for Alaska" which is a young adult fiction and after completing 150 pages, I am getting a strong feel that this book will shatter my heart into pieces, like John Green's "The Fault in our stars". Dear Mr. Green, why do you need to make your readers cry every time?

The non-fiction that I am reading is Elizabeth Gilbert's "Big Magic~ Creative Living beyond fear" which is about how to live a fulfilling creative life. I have just started reading this book yesterday, but after reading a couple of pages, I can bet that this book is going to hugely inspire me,

The anthology I am currently reading is "A Little Chorus of Love" (Kindle Edition) which is a collection of 24 heart warming love stories. This book is a review copy, unlike the other two books. The best thing about reading this book is that I am getting to read the work of many of my blogger friends.

So, my November started with these 3 beautiful books, which I would be reviewing soon here, in Purba's Library :)



21 comments:

  1. Very interesting information here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be waiting for review didi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your picks dear. Your reviews make the book a good enough preview for us. So, it becomes convenient for us to choose our choicest colors from the varied pallet of books. :) Eagerly waiting for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear for the kind and lovely words.
      The reviews will be up, soon :)

      Delete
  4. I loved 'Looking for Alaska' :) I bet it will leave you with moist eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shubh Deepavali to you and yours!!

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you the same (belated)!
      Hope you had a great one :)

      Delete
  6. John Green is my fav! Would look forward to d review! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like Green's works. The review will be up, soon dear :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Reading. Will wait for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy reading! You won't be needing friends for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Indrani. I'm having a great time with books :)

      Delete
  9. Rejoice in the company of books. A good book is equivalent to a good friend....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you dear. Books are our best companions, indeed :)

      Delete
  10. Now you make me want to pick up a John Green. I should give that a try.
    Happy reading, Purba. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. बहुत सुंदर भावनायें और शब्द भी ...बेह्तरीन अभिव्यक्ति ...!!शुभकामनायें

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts on the post!